Navacelle represents and advises a large variety of clients – French and foreign – in French, United-States and cross-border litigation and investigations. Though its global network NAVACELLE works on a daily basis with other firms worldwide.
Based on past and current representations, possible prospective clients include the following:
- Hypothetical Navacelle client #1: The General Counsel for a corporation carrying out business globally who has just received a correspondence from the US Department of Justice (DOJ) or the World Bank Integrity Vice Presidency (INT) requesting information or documents in connection with an investigation into allegations of corruption (US FCPA), violation of embargo/ sanctions (US OFAC) or money laundering.
- Hypothetical Navacelle client #2: An officer of a French company who has received a convocation to an garde à vue (interrogation under custody) pursuant to an investigation by the French Parquet Financier National, by a local juge d’instruction (investigating magistrate) stating that he/she is being considered for a mise en examen (target) status or by the French financial market regulator – Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) – investigators.
- Hypothetical Navacelle client #3: A south-American corporation with a deteriorating business relation with a European partner pursuant to a group of contracts in English and Portuguese with a dispute resolution clause providing for arbitration applying New York law, Paris seat under International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) or ad hoc rules and seeking to define a strategy from step 1 to collection in several countries.
- Hypothetical Navacelle client #4: The board of a financial institution concerned with allegations reported by a whistleblower that the code of ethics has been violated and needs an urgent internal investigation to be carried out into the allegations and potential violations of law.
- Hypothetical Navacelle client #5: An individual or Foundation/nonprofit victim of embezzlement seeking advice as how best to secure the repayment of stolen assets.
- Hypothetical Navacelle client #6: The head of an industrial plant in the immediate aftermath of an accident which has led to pollution, infliction of bodily harm or death of people on site or in the immediate surroundings of the plant.